Friday, January 07, 2005

Icy Tracks

I dreaded the commute to school this morning.

I figured that the highway and the downtown streets would be clear, but based on past experience, I had my doubts about whether the Hyde Park streets and walkways around the school would be cleared of the snow.

The Hyde Park streets were pretty clear. But as soon as you hit school property? Nope.

The radio said that this winter storm was the worst Chicago has had in 2 years. You would think that a law school of all places would know better than to leave the walkways and parking lots covered with ice and snow.

Nah.

They plowed part of the parking lot. The aisles, namely. So if you wanted to drive into and out of, and around the parking lot, you would have no problem whatsoever. If you wanted to park, have fun driving over the 4-5 inch layer of snow covering all the parking spots. Really smart.

This post sounded more interesting when I was thinking about it during the school day. But now that it's late and I'm getting sleepy and watching Mean Girls, it sounds not so interesting. Oh well. Getting sleepy. Time to sign off!

No comments: