Monday, January 31, 2005

Duck Duck Goose

I forgot Iron Chef America's encore airing was on! So I missed the first half of the show and most of the cooking. Oh well. I really wanted to see this one, because I love Ming Tsai.

Favorite comment from one of the judges? About Ming Tsai's foie gras shu mai, "I always think of those little shu mai in all the Japanese restaurants, and foie gras is so different from that." (paraphrased) Mmmhmm. Right.....

I think they should ditch the Vogue guy as a judge and instead make Nina Zagat and Ted Allen the judges that are always there. I like them better.

Why does shu mai woman keep asking the competitors if their recipes would taste different if they had more time? It's Iron Chef. They have a set period of time. What's the difference if it tastes different or has a different texture if cooked in a longer period of time? (And yes, I am aware of how many times I'm using the word different.) You don't need to know that to judge, you only need to look at the food that you actually have and can taste, not what it would be under some other circumstances!

Having a class crisis for tomorrow. Will post and let you know how it turns out. Going to work a little more on putting paper stuff into the outline and then I'm going to bed.

No comments: