Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Peru

I don't know why I think it's interesting, but I do. There's apparently a Peru, Illinois on the Weather Channel map of the state on the TV right now, somewhere near Peoria. This isn't anything earth-shattering, that there's some town named Peru, but I just never knew before and thought I would share. This is coming from someone who used to watch the Weather Channel a lot because it's calming and easy to work to when you have stuff to do. I've never noticed a Peru, Illinois before. It must be a relatively new addition. (To the map, not the state, silly!)

I am not looking forward to the upcoming weather. 1-3 inches of snow tomorrow night when I have a late meeting (and then still have to do work, *sniff*), snow to wintry mix on Wednesday (long day of classes, *sniff*), and then snow showers on Thursday (late classes again, *sniff*). Why did the snow showers have to be predicted for all the days I'm stuck in Hyde Park when it's dark? It couldn't snow instead on the days in which I spend the day in my toasty downtown apartment and don't have to drive anywhere and clean my car? Just kidding. About the cleaning the car thing, not about the snow showers only coming on the days I have class. Oh well, that's winter. Cold cold cold and snow snow snow.

No comments: