Tuesday, January 11, 2005

They're Listening

You need to read this article from the New York Times, titled "Your Call (And Rants on Hold) Will be Monitored." It's so fascinating. I never knew people listened to you when you were on hold for customer service people! Granted, only 2% of calls get listened to, but did you ever know this was possible? I can only imagine the expletives that were spewing out of my mouth when I was on hold all those times with Comcast in the past... and the time they made me cry from sheer frustration and exhaustion...

Anyway, a snippet:
Most callers do not realize that they may be taped even while they are on hold.

It is at these times that monitors hear husbands arguing with their wives, mothers yelling at their children, and dog owners throwing fits at disobedient pets, all when they think no one is listening. Most times, the only way a customer can avoid being recorded is to hang up.


Read it! :)

No comments: