Saturday, February 05, 2005

Boredom

The problem with writing a detailed outline before working on a paper is that you feel like you have done a lot of work by going through all the sources, and are completely bored when it comes time to write the paper. So bored. Right now I am so bored. And I'm still on page ___? Take a guess. (Not like it matters - no one reads this anymore anyway and no one will probably enter a guess. Prove me wrong?)

Going to finish this section and then I'm going to bed. Maybe I need the sunlight and fresh spring-like air to work. The night and the stale cigarette smell from the hallway and the tiredness just don't combine for a good writing atmosphere. What I'd really like right now is a hammock-like chair, a wireless keyboard and my computer screen projected on the wall with light tropical music playing in the background. Even as bored as I am, I wouldn't mind writing if I were in that atmosphere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It'd be easier to guess if I had some idea of how long the whole thing was supposed to be. I mean page 3 of a 4 page paper is significant, but page 3 of 80 isn't all that far.

I'll guess 4 or so.

jon