Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Sick

I had a feeling that all of the body aches and pains, sore throats, killer headaches and exhaustion over the past few weeks were signs that I was going to end up with a full blown cold or sinus problem (or perhaps worse) one of these days.

Of course that day was today. Ugh. All I could think the entire drive home was, "I feel so sick." And I can't stop sneezing.

When your head is in such a fog, all you want to do is curl up under a big comfy blanket either watching tv or a familiar heartwarming movie. But I'm going to fight the temptation - after all, my graduation requirement paper is due in less than a week. I have to get moving! I've already gotten 2 extensions on the paper (both out of necessity - one entirely not my fault), and I can't fathom asking for a third, no matter how legitimate the reason. I can only hope that the paper might be somewhat coherent, considering my mental fog.

So I shall be working today. But before I tackle the mountains of paper, here's a quick news round-up for this Wednesday (which I keep thinking is Thursday):
  • Happy Groundhog Day! The first article I read in the NYT said that the groundhog in PA saw its shadow, but Staten Island Chuck didn't. The article has since removed all mentions of Staten Island Chuck. How mean! So if you want to read about SI Chuck, go here instead.

  • A must-read from the NYT titled "The Waiter You Stiffed Has Not Forgotten." I'm still trying to get into that "bad tipper database" that they mention, but understandably, after a mention in the Times, the site is overloaded. I have serious issues with some of the things mentioned in the article, but my mind is not clear enough to go into it right now. (No problems with the writing or anything like that, actual problems with some of the "grievances" from servers and the things they do in retaliation. Some of those acts have the potential to be criminal acts. Revolting.)

  • On TV tonight: Lost rerun/American Idol auditions (again); Jack & Bobby. I guess you could watch the State of the Union, but do I really want to throw up?

  • TV from last night: American Idol auditions are what they are; Amazing Race was fantastic and really made me want to go to Shanghai (not that I didn't already want to go) - go Kris and Jon!; Law and Order SVU had guest stars TerrorDad and LostShannon; Law and Order on TNT was one I hadn't seen before.

  • Woke up to hear them talking on the radio about the plane crash in Teterboro. Glad to hear there are no fatalities, but still scary.
Okay, lunch time.

No comments: