Thursday, February 10, 2005

Reality TV

All day today, I've been going around repeatedly gushing to those close to me, "I feel like a real person!"

I'm not sure what being a fake person would feel like, but from the moment I woke up this morning, I've just felt so alive and refreshed and like a real person. It's like I have my life back. I guess I was so tired yesterday that the relief didn't set in after I submitted my paper. But this morning, I felt like the weight was lifted off my shoulders. I was finally free!

I could talk on the phone without worrying about the Word file ominously glaring at me from my laptop. I could set up an appointment for my haircut. I could call Barbri with those questions that have been on my mind for a week. I could do online shopping. I could actually do reading for class and go to class without worrying about what I should be doing instead. I could clean my apartment. I could watch TV without my laptop in front of me, clicking away as the plot unfolded. I could relax and listen to music. I could write emails to family members on the other side of the world. I could celebrate Chinese New Year without feeling imprisoned by responsibilities.

I did all of those things. And that productivity? It felt damn good.

Two classes, hours at school, a McDonalds double filet-o-fish and a trio of Lost + Alias + Wife Swap later, I am now ready to go to bed. And possibly will even make my 1 am resolution time.

There are posts coming (I say that a lot and then never write them for whatever reason), including one on tonight's wonderful Wife Swap episode, but since I'm sleepy and trying to keep with the self-discipline, those will just have to wait another day. And that'll just have to do. Sleep is so underrated.

I feel like I'm plugged back in to the real world. Did you miss me?

2 comments:

sandia said...

Glad you feel better. I see that you are now craving samosas. I never did go and get any, so I discussed with my sister a couple days ago about how I did price comparisons... She seems to think that they were like 75 cents each. Mmmm samosas...

Marissa said...

Funny thing is that I think the samosas I'm craving are the ones they used to have at Costco (brand name I can't remember), which had a thinner shell to them. Mmmmm.