Saturday, February 05, 2005

My Own Boredom

I get restless when I'm forced to dwell for extended periods of time on the same topic. There is lots of Minesweeper playing, lots of TV viewing (except on Saturdays when nothing good is on) and plenty of internet surfing. This is why I'm always on AIM when I'm studying. But as the deadline draws near, somehow it all falls into place. But I'm thoroughly agitated, restless, bored and uninspired along the way.

This makes me wonder. Would I be this uninterested if the long period of time spent on the same topic were writing some sort of autobiography? Could I be bored by my own life if I were forced to document it without a mental break for another topic? If I would be, would that be one of the saddest things in the world, being uninspired and bored with yourself?

These are the things I wonder when I dwell on copyright law. With no mental breaks for other topics. When "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" is playing for probably the tenth time during the writing of the paper thanks to a repetitive "mix" radio station. When it's dark and I can't be distracted by the melting snow over the lake and the fact that everyone else is enjoying 55 degree February weather while I'm stuck indoors.

Enough kvetching. Copyright is calling.

No comments: