Friday, February 18, 2005

Pizza Pizza

While getting ready for bed, it occurred to me that, with the exception of the Valentine's Day dinner I cooked, I've had pizza for dinner every night this week. Not the healthiest of habits...

We ordered a pizza from Lou Malnati's on Sunday night. It was Alvin's birthday and we were originally going to go out to eat, but it was pouring and who wants to walk around in the rain to get to dinner? Since the pies are huge and we also had a spinach bread appetizer, there were plenty of pieces left over.

Monday night brought stir fried salmon with vegetables and pineapples (yum), but Tuesday night, it was back to the pizza. Leftovers in the oven while Alvin had a farewell dinner with his co-workers. Wednesday night, he had a call night for work. More pizza in the oven. There's still one piece left - tomorrow's lunch?

When we went grocery shopping on Sunday, I noticed that DiGiorno pizzas were on sale. A huge discount - not like 50 cents off or anything. Over 2 dollars off the regular price. I couldn't resist picking one up, so tonight we ate a spicy chicken deluxe while watching the Apprentice.

Pizza, salmon, pizza, pizza, pizza.

I love pizza ... but I'm ready for it to be done. Ready for the next food fad of the week. ;-)

No comments: