Sunday, August 01, 2004

The Amazing Race 5.4



I didn't recap my thoughts on the first 3 episodes, but I figure the St. Petersburg leg is as good a time as any to start. :) I just watched the encore presentation of the episode tonight and it was quite fun. (I LOVE THIS SHOW! :) ) Since I've got to sleep soon, here's just some quick thoughts and how I feel about each of the teams at the end of episode 4:

Thoughts:
  • A lot of teams seem to have learned more Spanish words while at the pit stop in Bariloche. Could they not do this in Uruguay?
  • I would go berserk on a 20 hour bus ride to Buenos Aires. And those long flights from Buenos Aires to St. Petersburg.
  • Russia looks freezing. I hope no one forgot winter coats.
  • I want to take one of those vodka shots! They looked like so much fun.
  • Having to eat 2 lbs of caviar is frightening. I would never have been able to do the Roadblock and we would have lost.
  • The palace in Pushkin is pretty. :)

Teams:

  • Chip/Kim: + (I didn't like them in the cab "fiasco" but I do now.)
  • Colin/Christie: + (I don't like it when he yells at her, but I generally like them.)
  • Brandon/Nicole: + (He was really sweet to her when she looked like she would pass out.)
  • Marshall/Lance: ~ (That's the symbol for neutral... They can be obnoxious sometimes, but I don't hate them as much as some other people seem to.)
  • Kami/Karli: + (I actually like them, unlike a lot of others it seems. They are very competitive and intense, but I don't see how that can be terrible in a race..)
  • Linda/Karen: + (They seem like so much fun.)
  • Charla/Mirna: - - - - - - (I saved the worst for last. My goodness, I can't stand listening to her whine.. and the editors are doing a great job of showing how she glares at other people and is generally obnoxious. That article saying people don't like Mirna because she's a strong woman? [Oh no, this sounds like Omarosa again..] Puh-leeze... people don't like her because they wouldn't want to be cooped up in a room with her!)

Poor Bob and Joyce... They, along with Brandon and Nicole, were probably my favorites going into this episode and they got eliminated. (And stupid CBS ruined the ending because it could have been a non-elimination leg and I wouldn't have known otherwise had they not said they would talk to the losers on the Early Show!) Last week, Jim and Marsha were my favorites and they got eliminated. (Having nice teams getting eliminated with really sweet last lines makes me cry every week.) Maybe I should stop having favorites. I think right now I just have a strong NON-favorite. They annoy me so much. But don't let this ringing endorsement of that one team keep you from watching the best show on television this summer. :) It really is fantastic and it deserves the Reality Show Emmy - you should be watching! :)


No comments: