Saturday, August 21, 2004

Road Trip

In another lifetime, I must have been a travel agent. I get such a thrill out of the "game" of reservations. We were making reservations today for a hotel in a name-brand hotel chain directly with the chain, but then realized that there were different rates for single and double occupancy. I don't understand it - it's the same room whether one or two people are there, and it isn't really costing the hotel anything extra. So then I decided to take a look at Priceline for the same region. It was a gamble, since we had only stayed in one suburb of this city before (and not the other being offered in that area), but we ended up grabbing a hotel in that same name-brand hotel chain at a savings of about $40! Sounds good to me. :)

In other news, I lifted a heavy box of files down the stairs this morning afternoon after my nap, and pulled some back muscles. I think I might have to skip the gym tomorrow, even though it's the last day it's open before I head back to Chicago. (They're doing maintenance week next week.) I guess I could do pilates at home, and I could see if that would help my back at all. Or I could pop some Advil or something. Or maybe I could just go to sleep...

I just get so excited whenever I get a room on Priceline, even if it's the second in as many days, that it wakes me up! What can I say? I lead a very exciting life... and am easily amused by the smallest pleasures. ;-)

No comments: