Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Around My World

Today was another day that just flew by... time's going so incredibly fast, and the summer program will be over in a blink of an eye. Too quick!

Notes from around my world:
  • *yawn* Now that I have an iPod, I get less sleep on the bus. I remember the days when I used to be completely passed out on the window (gross, I know) for a good half-hour straight, and I don't think I'm in as deep a slumber anymore. Now I mainly sleep through Brooklyn. ;)
  • Jennifer Garner's "13 Going on 30" came out today on DVD! Yay!
  • Lots of police in hard hats and carrying assault rifles (I think that's what they're called?) walking around with all the other cops near the new police parking lot (half of the block on Lexington between 53rd & 54th).
  • The highlight of my work day (not lunch, just work) was sending an email with voting buttons, high importance, confidential, with replies to multiple recipients. (And getting all the replies!) Yes, I'm a dork and easily amused.
  • Lunch today was at Asiate in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel (in the Time Warner Center). Not only is the restaurant so beautiful with a gorgeous view, but the food was so yummy. I'm going to need to expand on this further another time (when I don't need to be sleeping... and figuring out what I'm going to wear for the rest of the week).
  • I stumbled out of work today arms full (and going to ache tomorrow..) with stuff that I cleaned out of my desk. *sniff*
  • Post: The Amazing Race 5.5 to be written soon.
  • Bill Clinton is on Letterman right now and I'm totally sucked in. He's making me laugh. Laughter is good. They were talking about how hard it is to find time to write everyday. It's so true. Writing is a craft, and I'm so out of practice from not writing original things in so long. And it's so hard to get back into the habit of writing. (I'm sure my style has also completely changed.) Bill Clinton is just so impressive. Sigh. Completely different from the current "President."

Off to finish packing and head to sleep... how was your day?


No comments: