Tuesday, August 10, 2004

The Amazing Race 5.6

Yeah, yeah, I know I didn't post "The Amazing Race 5.5" and am jumping to 5.6. Oh well, that's okay. And I know I'm posting before the show is over in other parts of the country. (NYC played it earlier because of Yankees baseball... like 3 hours earlier, but I just finished watching it on tape.) And to me, that's okay too. Might I actually get a post written and ready to go for TWoP by the time the thread opens, unlike other weeks where I usually have to read 13 pages before I can post anything (and since I'm at work, inevitably don't end up posting anything)? We'll see. :)

(ETA: It's so strange that I'm posting to the void of cyberspace my thoughts on this show... where anyone who might actually read it might not have even seen the show... rather than just waiting/formulating a post for a message board where people could actually read and comment on it. Oh well.)

Thoughts, from start to finish:
  • I really don't know how the moms are going to get around Cairo with no money... that seems awfully hard.
  • It is so awesome that they get to go into the Great Pyramid to the center to get their clue!! I'm so jealous.
  • I hope the fact that the cousins speak Arabic isn't going to help them at all. Of all the teams that I want to have advantages, they are not one of them.
  • Detour: sheep or water... hard choice. I think the water one would frustrate me because you'd have to make more than one trip, and I love sailing and being on the water... but I don't know if I could handle being around the goats. Maybe I'd be allergic too. ;-)
  • All of these ancient Egyptian places look so cool!! Really makes me want to go to Egypt and visit, even though I got scared of actually going there (to ancient sites) by MacGyver.
  • I would not be a good person for this Roadblock. Good eyes? Depends. A lot of patience? Ehh... I'd end up like Linda sitting there at the end ready to tear her hair out.
  • I want to sail on the Nile!
  • Although it wasn't a surprise who got eliminated, it was still an awesome episode!!

Teams:

  • Colin/Christie: + (I like them... they may be aggressive and he may be mean sometimes, but I like how they're playing the game... and how they don't like the cousins. Haha.)
  • Chip/Kim: + (Wholeheartedly rooting for them along with C/C and B/N.)
  • Kami/Karli: + (I don't really dislike them... and I kind of want them to stay longer [but not at the expense of any teams I like] because they are so darn clueless and that makes it really funny.)
  • Brandon/Nicole: + (They just seem really nice... although I'm not sure what's up with the preview for next week.)
  • Mirna/Charla: - (They grate... they get on my nerves... she thinks she's always right and that everyone else is jealous of her... sorry, "honey," they just think you're obnoxious and rude.)
  • Linda/Karen: + (I don't like them as much as C/C, C/K, and B/N... but I do like them a lot, and think it's awesome they were able to get back into it even though they had no money! That shows a lot about them.)
  • Lance/Marshall: ~ (Never really liked them a lot, but never really hated them. Although with his injury... I kind of hoped for their sake that this was their ending week.)

There are my thoughts... now if anyone's watched the show, feel free to comment... I wonder if anyone has. :) I'm off to finish the laundry, so I don't think I'll get to TWoP before there are like 40 pages to read. ;-)

No comments: