Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Batman Begins

It's time to browse the Apple Trailers site again, and there aren't many new movie trailers. I skipped the trailer for Ray, because we saw that trailer before the Manchurian Candidate last time. (It's a movie I might rent, but probably wouldn't compel me to go to the theater.) As for the others... well, I have different opinions on them, mostly based on genre.

I think that Saw looks frightening. The site was very dark, but I persevered and opened the trailer. I don't even think I made it a third of the way through before I got frightened about potential nightmares, and I shut it off. I usually skip trailers for horror movies... but I rarely stop a trailer before the halfway point (if at all). I don't think I want to see this... whatever it is actually about (I hadn't figured it out by that point, but the sound/music and the imagery already was enough for me).

About Batman Begins, here was my thought process: (1) How did I not even know they were making this movie?? I'm not that clueless; (2) I've seen every other Batman movie, so I might as well see this one too; (3) I've got to check IMDB to see who this actor is; he's kind of cute [Follow-up: It's Christian Bale.]; (4) Oh no wonder I didn't know about it yet... Summer 2005.

The new Shark Tale trailer rocks!! I'm so excited for this movie.

We Don't Live Here Anymore looks like it could be a good movie as well. I didn't know anything about it until watching the trailer, but it looks like it could be very well-done.

The premise behind The Forgotten is sort of frightening and chilling. Someone erasing children from your life? *chills* Now I need to watch a happy movie trailer to erase the eerie feeling I got from watching this one. (Which makes me think I'll be skipping this movie, even if it's well-done.) Spongebob Squarepants should do the trick.

So, I guess from all the trailers above, the one that sparks my interest is Shark Tale... but that one I knew about already and was excited about already. I think I used to have a much higher threshold for suspense in movies, but now it's dwindling. I'm starting to lean toward lighter movies, movies that aren't so dark, movies that have happy moments... Interesting.

... Ooh... I found a couple more that I didn't see yet. I'm interested in Ocean's Twelve, but all the trailer does is list the names of the people involved. I think I've seen this trailer for The Polar Express before, but it's one of those where it never hurts to watch it again. ;-)

Okay, enough trailer watching for the night. Anyone have any opinions on any of those movies?

No comments: