Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Bored Part II

I never get much sleep the night before taking a big trip. Is it restlessness? Is it anxiety? Is it excitement? I don't know. But for awhile now, I've ended up staying up into the night packing when I could have easily finished hours ago (had I tried). Oh well. I'm almost done... but I've been "almost done" for at least an hour already. I've piled up the stuff in the dining room in the order I want it loaded... hopefully I'll be able to load it myself before people have a fit about how "much" I'm bringing. Even though it's not that much!

Maybe I've only had this sleeplessness since law school. When we went to Myrtle, my problem was not sleeplessness. I slept for a good part of the daytime before we left for Myrtle. Then again, I drove the night shift, so maybe the Myrtle trip was just the exception. Because I did stay up late packing in college all the time too. But those times, I had SO much more stuff. Now the stuff that takes up all the room is just my hanging clothes!

Oh well. I should probably finish up so I get my 2 hour nap in. (That's not to say that this will be the last post for the night though...) This time tomorrow, I should be sound asleep, gearing up for the home stretch to Chicago. Whee!

No comments: