Sunday, August 22, 2004

Small Unfortunate Things

It's unfortunate that after Stacy Dragila didn't make the finals in pole vaulting, I had to say, "Well, I guess we won't see any more pole vaulting on NBC since the Americans are out of it."

It's unfortunate that we didn't get to see some great platform diving in the women's semifinals today because we could only see the Americans and the people Sara Hildebrand had to beat to make it into the finals.

It's unfortunate that I have to spend six hours of my day tomorrow sitting in a defensive driving class to lower my insurance rates (since I don't need to take points off my license or anything), where I will inevitably be bored out of my mind.

It's unfortunate that almost all the chews left in my bag of Starburst candy are orange flavored.

It's unfortunate that my car is still at the service center awaiting its inspection, since the inspection machine is "broken" and my car can't be on the road without a new inspection sticker.

It's unfortunate that I still have so much in the house that I want to clean, but so little time left, especially with the waste of six hours tomorrow.

It's unfortunate that I didn't make it into the city for my Urban Decay makeover today.

I know there are bigger problems in the world. But like the title says, small unfortunate things.

2 comments:

Dork said...

It's unfortunate that South Korea got screwed out of another gold medal. And really unfortunate that the only official to make a comment on it, likened it to football:

"If there's a bad call in football, they don't change the result of the game. The same applies here."

So in essence, one mistake deserves another. I only wonder what it would have been like if it was the U.S. that got screwed out of the gold.

Marissa said...

Tell me about it. I'm still writing my post on the whole men's gymnastics all-around thing. It's driving me crazy. I'm waiting for more comments like the one you wrote above. Hopefully I'll have it finished soon. :)