Sunday, August 01, 2004

My New Phone



My old cell phone (Nokia 6610), which I dearly cared for, has been falling ill lately, and as such, I have gotten a new cell phone. Well, relatively new, in the sense that it's not a new model at all (it was one of the ones I was considering when I got my new Nokia), but it's new to me (got it from a family friend no longer using it). My old phone had a big crack in the screen so T-Mobile didn't let me get a new one under my warranty, even though I wanted to turn it in for mechanical problems and not the darn crack. (Problems like, say, not always ringing and the buzzer not always working. Lately the battery has been refusing to charge when it feels like it, and when the battery's almost dead and I plug in the charger, it tells me it's full. Right.) So my colorful Nokia with its built-in FM radio and speakerphone and tons of other cool Nokia stuff will now be resting indefinitely. I've moved on to the Samsung phone in the picture. (I wanted to call the phone Sammie, but then I thought that would be too cheesy.) Hopefully now I'll actually get all my phone calls. :) Then again... that will only happen if I feel the phone when it's in silent mode... so we'll see. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cell batteries aren't infinitely rechargeable. From waht I've read, lithium ion batteries are the best for devices like cell phones, but they still don't last forever. Also, you should let it drain pretty much completely once a month or so. That's not to avoid the memory effect NiCds had, though; lithium ion batteries apparently have circuits to sense the charge level and those get miscalibrated if you don't occasionally let the battery drain.