Saturday, August 21, 2004

Good Morning Athens

After watching Kenny the Shark on NBC, I was pleasantly surprised when the Olympics came on TV. What can I say... I always say I'm not that interested in the Olympics (I skipped watching the Opening Ceremony altogether due to the Continental debacle), but then I get sucked in and watch a good deal of the events. My favorites are gymnastics, diving and swimming.

They're showing the men's trampoline gymnastics right now on NBC, and this stuff is hard. I know jumping on a trampoline is hard to begin with, but with all these flips and having to compete in it - it's so precise and so difficult! I wish I had gotten to see more. Then again, I also wish they were showing more diving at times when I'm watching. All I seem to catch are gymnastics and swimming, not that I'm complaining... but I want to see more diving. I missed all the synchronized diving and that makes me sad.

Anyway, back to trampoline gymnastics... it's just the qualifying, but it's so much fun to watch!

[More posts to come later on last night's scary experience, and the controversy over the men's gymnastics all-around. Maybe. :)]

No comments: