Sunday, August 29, 2004

Current State of My World

I think I'm sick. All of a sudden in the middle of the day yesterday, I kept sneezing and my nose got really congested. It was like someone I was near had a cat or something. But when I woke up, my nose was still congested. And my sinuses ache, I have a headache, and now I fear that I'm getting sick just in time to drive back to Chicago. It's either illness or an adverse reaction to all the dust and old papers I've been cleaning out of my room. (Hmm, maybe severe allergies.)

All I've done for the past few days is pack and clean. I'm in the process of trashing a lot of stuff I have kept stored in my room for the past few years (if not more). It's good to have a cleaning binge sometimes. Very very useful for getting rid of clutter. Now, this is not to say that my room is clean and neat right now (far from it, it's sort of "in progress"), but I am proud of myself for taking the first step to throw things away. [It's sad sometimes though... I look at the course packets in the recycling bin and think about how much money I just threw away. But honestly, when am I ever going to read my course packet stuff again? (Now that I've said that, I'll probably have a need to, but seriously... when?)] My mom secretly snapped a shot of my room at its worst state this summer (I found it on her camera and it's embarrassing). I had barely been living in my room for weeks since it was the last few weeks of work and I was always out, so things were just dropped everywhere (get home-drop everything-sleep-go to work-rinse and repeat). Maybe I'll take a picture of it all "fixed up" when I leave and do a contrast QE-style (music and all). We'll see.

I've been watching C-Span for the past few hours since they were the only ones to broadcast the entire protest live. It was really interesting. There were so many creative and good signs, and I was really impressed by some of them. Sad part is that I can't remember all of them and I should have kept a running list! Maybe later I'll list the things that have stuck in my memory after those hours of coverage. But I do have to say, based on where one of the C-Span cameras was set up, viewers learned one distinct message: "Fox News sucks." :)

[Aside: C-Span is still on and they're taking calls from the Bush/Kerry/independent phone lines. This woman from Texas going on and on about Bush taking the city into his arms and blah blah blah and he went to war for New York, blah blah blah, and no one was marching like this in front of the WTC, was driving me crazy. I don't understand why people still think Iraq was responsible for 9/11. It boggles my mind!]

Off to clean up and pack some more... I'm sort of amazed with myself in how much I've been able to go through, even though there's so much more. Wish me luck with all of this summer cleaning!

No comments: