Monday, August 16, 2004

Jamaica Bay

For half an hour, the news anchors and reporters today were entertained by the sight of a small watercraft going round and round in a circle somewhere out near Jamaica Bay. Apparently, the operator had fallen out or been thrown from the boat (he's okay), and the boat went around in a circle for about half an hour. (I have no idea how it stayed in that circle pattern...) The local news provided updates every 10 minutes so viewers could also watch the boat go round in circles. It was almost sad that the Coast Guard stopped it, so that it spoiled their fun. Ha. If I find a link to the story at some future date, I'll add it to the post. It was really entertaining while I cleaned junior high school papers out of a box. I threw away my copy of the test questions from the October 1994 PSAT - are you proud of me? ;-)

Also... is it bad that I felt happier leaving the dentist than I did leaving my haircut?

No comments: