Thursday, October 28, 2004

Alas

I'm not sure the whole series thing is working for me.

Hmm. Ironic. Series, The Series. Ironic how I decided I didn't like the way the series of pictures was going the same night as the series ended. The coincidences of which life are made.

Anyway, I think I'll just post up pictures at will. Two reasons the series thing is not working out for me is that I'm sick of counting the number of pictures that have been posted, and I feel like it's requiring "photo + unrelated note" entries to the exclusion of anything else. Who am I kidding.... this blog has no form. I was supposed to remedy that after the last one, wasn't I...

Here's some more sights from Millennium Park on Monday:



People who know me know that I love people watching. There's just something refreshing about watching other people's emotions, how they carry themselves, wondering what they're thinking about, what they're feeling, why they happen to be at that particular place that particular time... it's the stuff that prompts stories.

I was heading around to the last side of the Jellybean to try to capture some fall photos (which wasn't that effective generally, since the sun was going down and it was late afternoon), and I just happened to catch sight of this couple. I liked a few things about this. First, her bright red jacket and the way it stood out against the colorless park. With the sun going down, the color of the trees had dulled and everything was taking on a tone of grey grey and more grey. The red was a great "spark" that just drew me to them.

Second, they just seemed really really happy in their shared experience. Everyone loves the Jellybean the first time they get there - there's something really fun about seeing yourself reflected all over the place. They had big smiles on their faces. I tried to get a shot of them waving at themselves, but I wasn't quick enough. I wasn't being a voyeur per se - I was there to take a picture of that side of the Jellybean... and just happened to be captivated by this couple.

And lastly, you know how sometimes you can just look at people and feel how happy they are, and you can feel how they're just really in love? Like that really romantic "awww" feeling? Yeah, that was the vibe I got from them. It's such a heartwarming feeling.



I'm not sure why this person attracted my attention. I think it was the fabric spikes that ran up and down his hooded sweatshirt in rows. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it, but it really isn't everyday that I see someone from far away whose profile reminds me of a dinosaur, asking me to get a closer look.

I have more pictures, but if I'm really going to tell stories, I need more time and I need to be more awake. Time to sleep... busy day tomorrow: class, lunch, class, work, yoga, tv, work, work, sleep. Oh the exciting life I lead. :)

No comments: