Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Manic Monday

I had a whole bunch of posts that I wanted to write today: winter weather, a comparison of my work ethic between 1L and 3L, my computer's issues, Desperate Housewives. But right now, I just have no energy. It's been a hectic day, and David Ortiz's miserable performance topped it off and drained me of any energy I possibly had to write. Oh well. Maybe another time or maybe those posts will lie unwritten with all the rest of the "I want to write, but didn't have time" posts.

Damn Red Sox. Just remember where you're going tomorrow. Back to the house that Ruth built. Uh huh.

I'm not sure who I'm rooting for between the Astros and the Cardinals. I would root for the Cards because they have Jason Marquis, who I went to high school with. Or I could root for the Astros as a Plan B for the Yankees, in the slight off-chance that the Red Sox pull this off purely on momentum. They have lots of B's on their team and that could do the Bambino proud. But only if necessary. It would be so awesome to have someone from my high school pitching in the World Series though...

I really am drained. Damn Red Sox. I punched a pillow for 5 minutes after that, cursing all the way, and almost threw my computer at the TV. Look at the destruction you could have caused, Mr. Ortiz. You could have taken two of the most important electronic devices from my life. Argh.

And not only that, but you threw off my whole time schedule twice. The game (and series!) was supposed to be over. I was going to watch LAX, but had to tape it instead. I was going to start doing my homework earlier, but no, the game wasn't over yet. And then it took me awhile to calm down before I could even break out network industries stuff. And tomorrow I have a meeting I have to go to, and there wasn't supposed to be a Game Six to interfere. Argh!

I want to be happy. I'll think of Zoloft commercials. Those are happy.

Damn Red Sox. Interfering with my pre-scheduled plans. I think I might have to go to school in glasses again tomorrow.

Oh well. I'm going to sleep. I'm going to dream happy dreams of no Game Seven. And then I'm going to wake up bright and early and will head to accounting. That's the plan. Root for the Yankees. I'm off to dream in pinstripes. Good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're spending much more energy on the game than is necessary.

Anyway, we do *NOT* want a Sox-Astros series. Under any circumstances. That would be a very bad thing. If it isn't clear why, think of the election.

Marissa said...

For a real fan of one of the teams playing, especially in a long-standing and heated rivalry, there is no such thing as "too much energy."

Although yesterday I was just spent. I spent no energy on the game because I just didn't have any to give. Maybe that's why they lost.