Sunday, October 10, 2004

giant victory

And the Giants win another football game! Congrats boys in blue! Yay for Tiki Barber!

Only bad thing is that I didn't get to see the game. :(

So what is going on this Sunday afternoon?
  • I woke up early, but not early enough to catch the Chicago marathon like I had planned. (They were going to be passing by Streeterville at 8, the start of the marathon.) Oh well. I watched last Sunday's Jack and Bobby (only a week late!), and then Alvin and the Chipmunks meet Frankenstein (or something like that) on the Disney Channel and the rest of X2 (yes, again) on HBO. HBO loves X2.
  • It's so hot in the apartment that the chocolate has taken up residence in the fridge. Mmmm cold chocolate.
  • The air conditioning is wonderfully cold in the hallway but not so in the apartment, where it is off. I will not rant about it again. But the laundry room, which is right by the door to the hallway, is much cooler - with the dryer on - than the living room. I hooked up the fan to an extension cord to put it at the entrance to the living room so now there's air circulation at least. Before there was just hot heavy air moving around; at least now the cool air is trying to make inroads.
  • There are lots of air fresheners around the apartment. Yippee!
  • Last night, there were 2 spiders and a fly in the apartment. It was gross. The fly kept circling the light. I was so scared. Bad window experiment.
  • My absentee ballot is here. Woohoo! I forgot there's no mail delivery tomorrow.
  • Clean clean clean. I almost forgot I have a ton of work to do for school.

And as I write that, frustration wells up in my fingers, forcing me to go do something productive. This place really needs to be unpacked and put away so that I can do work!! Argh! Why can't I just invoke some Hogwarts magic spell to tidy up the room? You know Harry didn't clean up his own room after the diary pilfering in Chamber of Secrets. I want that spell!

No comments: