Friday, October 15, 2004

Apprentice 2.6

As pretty as John is, for once (this season) I think Trump actually made the right decision. But if this task wasn't practically spoonfed for the women to win, I don't know what would be. Had they lost on a women's fashion task, that would just be sad.

Anyway, I don't have all that much to say, except to put in order my rankings for how I like each member of the team. I've put the rankings from before the episode and after, to see how what the editors chose to show us affected my opinion. ;-)

Pre-Show

Apex: (commentaries are overall, not per episode)
(Although I do have a ranking, I only really like Jen, and somewhat Elizabeth, and after that, they could all be fired in a row, and that would be fine.)
  1. Jen M. - competent, speaks well, professional, not as catty as the other women, seems like she actually has talent
  2. Elizabeth - conscientious and a good worker, although cracks under pressure as a leader, I really don't think she's as annoying as some of the Heathers think she is, she has some valid questions
  3. Sandy - kind of bitchy sometimes, doesn't seem to add a whole lot of value, but not actively pissing me off yet
  4. Ivana - I go back and forth on her, she can be really annoying obnoxious and bitchy, she can be clueless and non-existent as a leader, but sometimes she also gets things done and is bearable
  5. Maria - her facial expressions, blinking, voice are getting to me; she's a little too full of herself and thinks she's greater than she really is
  6. Stacy - I thought she might be under the radar in episode one because she didn't talk, but now she won't shut up and she's getting on my nerves

Hmm. Clearly I find uselessness more acceptable than obnoxiousness, as I have more tolerance for useless Sandy than I do for annoying Ivana, scary Maria and shouting Stacy.

Of the firees, I liked Pamela, thought Jen C. was annoying and would not shut up, thought Stacie J was eccentric but wrongly ganged up on, and was neutral on Bradford but thought giving up his exemption was dumb.

Mosaic:

  1. Kevin - Oh, c'mon! UofC and he's competent, a good worker, and smart. He has to go at the top of the list.
  2. Raj - He really amuses me; the tennis thing was hilarious and I like watching ppl who seem to be having fun.
  3. John - He's pretty. :) I didn't like his "no food" thing on the ice cream task, but I think he's a good guy.
  4. Andy - Yes, he's young and he's inexperienced, but he got on the show so I think he should be treated like everyone else, since the show is about performance and not just resumes. He's had some great ideas (the whole toy concept for Mattel, the charity idea for the ice cream task) and I think he has a lot of good energy. I hate when people try to make Trump's decisions for him about who is experienced enough.
  5. Kelly - Strong leader but maybe a little too stern with his military style?
  6. Wes - Don't really like very much about him, but don't hate him or anything, don't really know if he adds anything to the team.
  7. Chris - His attitude bugs me, especially the comments about gay people.

I just like the energy of this team so much better.

Only one firee before today's episode, and I didn't really like Rob and his whole "well, no one told me to do anything!" thing.

Post-Show

Apex: No change. What a surprise. I dislike Ivana, Maria and Sandy a little more than before, but I don't think the relative rankings change.

Mosaic:

  1. Kevin
  2. Kelly - He really impressed me tonight, stepping up to the plate. Seems like a good leader and a good guy, but I'm not sure what was up with his comments to John about who to bring in to the boardroom, and then placing blame on Andy.
  3. Andy - I still really like him, despite the fact that a lot of people seem to want him gone. He has good ideas and works hard, even if he's inexperienced. (Unlike Chris, who reads the paper during the task, knowing he's exempt...)
  4. [John]
  5. Raj/Wes - Raj was really annoying me today. Sometimes he really needs to learn how to shut up...
  6. Chris - Pink camouflage underwear? Oh, shut UP.

Alright, now that I've finished watching all the extra Apprentice videos on Yahoo for all the past episodes, this topic can be laid to rest for the night. With my useless comments above that really are nothing but me spewing into cyberspace. :)

No comments: