Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Mardi V

As the ESPN headline read: it's on!

And the Yankees take Game 1. Hallelujah!

Those first 6 1/3 innings were a nailbiter for me. I was hoping and hoping that Mussina would get the perfect game, but also hoping that it wasn't in his head because then he might lose it. Sure enough, once it got in his head, the Yankees started making bobbles everywhere. But they didn't give up and they pulled this one out. With great thanks to my other favorite pitcher Mariano. I think the save tonight will be really good for his psyche... I can't even imagine how hard it must have been to pitch right after flying back from Panama where your family died at your home. Poor guy. But he got it done. Poor Mussina. He just looked so bummed after the 7th. And he was on fire before that. He looked so good; I was so so excited for him.

[I'm clearly not a sportswriter.]

The Red Sox... I don't know why they think that looking like thugs is a good thing. The long hair, the unshaven faces, I know it's part of their deal, but it's just so unattractive.

I wanted Matsui to break the ALCS RBI record. Oh well. Next game. ;-) "Who's your daddy?" Hopefully this will be fun. :)

There were some great creative signs tonight. I liked the K signs - the moose holding the Sox in its mouth; the 1918 ones. "May the curse be with you." I liked the guys who made big numbers saying 1918 with Babe Buckner Bucky and Boone's pictures on the numbers.

Tomorrow's a packed TV day so I'm going to have to be productive during the day - Lost, Game 2, post-debate stuff. Go Yankees!!

The list:

Shower
Brunch
Late lunch, more like a snack
Fill out absentee ballot
Last Thursday's network industries reading
This Thursday's network industries reading
Monday's accounting homework
Tuesday's accounting homework
Case reading for paper
Dinner
ALCS game
Sleep

No comments: