Thursday, October 21, 2004

Tuna Tartare

Yesterday, the New York Times ran a piece called, "Looks Like Diversity, but It Tastes Like Tuna." After a summer packed full of elegant and delicious lunches, I couldn't help but laugh. Tuna is on the menu a LOT. And I've eaten it a lot. I had such a great fish diet this summer - I kind of miss it! And the article focuses on one of my absolute favorite appetizers:

Tuna tartare.

Yum! I've had good tuna tartare this summer, just okay tuna tartare this summer, and absolutely delicious tuna tartare this summer. I've been spoiled. It's kind of an expensive habit. Haha. But call me an addict.

Anyway, the Times has a picture of the tuna tartare from a Kosher restaurant called Solo. That was one of the better tuna tartare dishes I've had this summer. It was so yummy!

Also on the "best tuna tartare" list is Union Square Cafe, where I took my parents to dinner for their anniversary - if only I had a picture of that yummy one. And the one at Geisha, which was served with a Japanese potato salad. It was fabulous. The one at Jubilee was pretty good too. I could go on and on. I only have one wish - that I kept a better record of my lunches this summer. I'll never have such a treat again.

I didn't take pictures of the dishes (my normal M.O.) because this summer was still basically one long interview. I didn't want to be known as "the girl who takes pictures of every dish on the table before people eat." Although I really did want a shot of the cheesecake lollipop tree from david burke and donatella. I guess when it comes to my favorite places this summer, I'll just have to go back. :)

No comments: