Monday, October 04, 2004

Heat Wave

My apartment is like a sauna. It's steamy and it's hot. Despite the fact that it's in the mid-50s outside, opening the window brings in warm balmy air. Opening the door to the hallway lets in a light cool breeze, but I don't have a clear view from any part of the apartment that's plugged in to an outlet, so I'm constantly checking the door for visitors. I guess they've turned off the air conditioning. A sure sign of colder days to come? I guess they had to, with the freeze advisory on tonight and everything.

Speaking of what's hot right now, ABC! They're really staging a comeback this season, and I think their ad about having the best new shows of the season is 100% correct. Then again, they have a lot of new shows. Before, the only critically acclaimed hit was Alias (and they better not trash it now!), and there were some sitcoms here and there that did okay (8 Simple Rules, Hope and Faith). But now?! Wow!

Last night, Desperative Housewives was the runaway #1 in the key demographic, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition was #2, "NFL Overrun" on CBS was #3, and Boston Legal was #4. ABC cleaned up. Amazing. Who would have ever thought the consistently #4 network last year had it in them? And they've got Lost and Wife Swap too. I think it's going to be a good year for them.

And to show just how well I fit in with the ratings of the top shows... here's what I watched last night: No Opportunity Wasted on the Discovery Channel, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Desperate Housewives and Boston Legal. Right.

Anyway, No Opportunity Wasted is good too. It's a lot of fun, and everyone loves Phil Keoghan. :) (Host of The Amazing Race!) People write in about dreams they want to achieve, and the show gives them $3000 and 72 days to put it together and do it. I like it because there's work involved... they're not just giving away dreams. *cough*oprah*cough*

And Phil says a fantastic line that I think should be applied to life: "Imagination is your currency."

That it is.

No comments: