Monday, November 22, 2004

2 oLd 4 iM

“I think you’re all too old for instant messaging. If you’re 14, you instant message. At least if you’re 14 and a geek, you instant message.”

Thank goodness my professor said that in good fun because I’d say that a good portion of the class IMs. And a fair number may IM in class. :) Although the percentage is probably lower than any of my other classes.

And yes, I too hate the way my subject line is written, but hey, it’s probably similar to the way the average 14 year old would write… I never did that at 14 ... okay that’s not true, I would doodle the whole so-and-so “wuz hea” thing every so often. Or maybe that was when I was 12. I’m so glad that I’m way past that stage. Grammar, punctuation and capitalization count. (I hated misspelling since I knew how to spell, so I don't need to tell myself that spelling counts.)

If you’re curious, I’m going to be blogging a lot today. It’s the longest class day I’m going to have all quarter. 9:45 to 6 doesn’t sound bad, and sounds like a normal work day (or shorter). But somehow going to class is just so much more exhausting than spending the day at work. Last year on my long days (when I would have all of my classes that day including seminar), I would count the percentages of hours of class and hours in the school building that had gone by. It made me feel better about the whole experience.

No comments: