Sunday, November 21, 2004

Perplexed

I am so confused.

Here I am, trying to do my problem set and completely clueless. I told myself that I would go to sleep one hour from now since I have a marathon of classes tomorrow (longer than any day this year so far, every single class I am taking) and need to be able to stay awake and alert. Yet I have 4 incomplete answers to 4 questions. (Or in the case of question #4, it says "Question 4"...)

What am I going to do?

As much as I like my professor and think this stuff is important to figure out, I'm starting to think that taking corporate finance might have been one of the biggest slips I've made in law school. I may have felt completely clueless in Elements about what was going on, but I had a vague idea of what I was going on generally. Here I feel like I'm drowning in a foreign language with no hopes of a life raft.

I wonder if I'll get any sleep tonight. The file containing my problem set hasn't changed since last night. Not because I haven't done any work, but because I can't figure out anything else to add. It's extremely pathetic. Such is my life.

(Would this be an appropriate time to revive my "I hate school" remarks, seeing as how I will be attending one day of class before going home for a Thanksgiving respite, over which I will have to complete an unintelligible accounting final exam?)

Back to "work" ... that is, trying to learn corporate finance in a crash course. That in itself sounds like it's doomed. Sigh.

No comments: