Tuesday, November 02, 2004

it all comes down to this

I think I'm too anxious about the election to blog normally right now. It explains why there have been no posts recently. Too much work to do, too many real-life issues to worry about that I can't control, and too much anxiety over the next four years. I really hope we get the right result tomorrow... or however long it takes. (Hopefully it doesn't take weeks; I don't think I could cope with the uncertainty of the nightmare.) I've already voted, my presidential vote is out of play, and I'm a political minority in my local elections. Everything's out of my hands but I can't help but feel anxious about the whole mess.

I'm supposed to be asleep, but I just caught the headline about the 6th Circuit's decision to allow the GOP challengers in tomorrow morning. Damn Sixth Circuit. Angry.

Thinking about it... maybe I will blog tomorrow (and the next day and the next day... you know, I'm really hoping it doesn't take that long, but I'd rather have the right result that I want instead of expediency). It would be interesting to see the range of emotions that could be provoked. But on the other hand, in the tragic event that the worst of all things could happen tomorrow, I might not want to read those entries ever again. What a dilemma.

I guess I'll sleep on it and play it by ear tomorrow. (And speak in cliches for the rest of the day?) Tomorrow's going to be a long long... long day. May the right man win.

1 comment:

SeeingDouble said...

I'm with you, can't sleep stressing about this election. I thought the courts ruled against the GOP challengers, but I haven't turned CNN on in a few hours. Are we all this stressed about this election?