Friday, August 19, 2005

Confused

Today I woke up at 7.

This would be great news for my sleep schedule... if I hadn't gone to sleep around 3.

I was pretty tired last night at 11, and just wanted to finish up some stuff on the computer and then it somehow got to be around 1 and I was wired. Bad bad bad. This reminds me of when I was taking the bar exam... I was exhausted and tired, and falling asleep, and then as soon as I was ready to go to bed, there I was, wide awake but wanting to sleep. Should have taken an Actifed last night.

Especially since I think I got sick (maybe a cold) from all the recent traveling. I was coming down with a sore throat toward the end of our stay in HK, but only in the mornings, so I thought it had something to do with having been on a smoking floor in the hotel (even though in the room, you didn't actually smell any smoke, which is pretty good) or people smoking over breakfast. But by the time I got off the plane in Chicago, I didn't feel so great. But I thought that was just exhaustion... after all, I had only slept for about 3 hours total through all the flying, which couldn't have helped.

I was going to be productive today since I did absolutely nothing yesterday but cancel phone service, but now I want to recuperate. I had all this momentum when I got up at 7. I continued reading an old issue of Conde Nast Traveler that I started last night when I couldn't sleep (and read at least 60 pages), and was all excited about going to the post office and the parking office to take care of some stuff. Now I'm sitting here and getting kind of sleepy... I wanted to do at least some errands before I fell back asleep, so I suppose I should get to it.

Shower, parking office, post office, laundry, nap. That sounds like a good morning. :)

No comments: