Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Narcisse

Tonight was fun. Went out to Narcisse, a bar/lounge where Tuesday nights are treated like Fridays (DJs, packed bar, partying until 2 as if it's the weekend), which appeared to be frequented by NBA players at one point during the night. (According to BlendChicago, it's their "weekly industry party.") Then, after the bar closed, we hit up the 24 hour Korean restaurant and had some bibimbop. I get to cross another thing off the list of things I wanted to do before leaving Chicago: visit the 24 hour Korean restaurant sometime between the hours of 2 and 6 am. Nice.

While it was fun, I still can't stand the smoke. That's one thing I definitely won't miss about Chicago: the lack of a smoking ban in restaurants and bars. It was amazing going out to bars last summer and being able to breathe. When I got home tonight, I felt like I was covered in a layer of smoke (and being allergic to it, my skin is presently raging against me!) and my entire body feels polluted. This is after it was feeling especially clear after a great Bikram-style yoga class a few hours before. Must get rid of toxic substances!

So tonight, I'm up late by choice. Probably just throw out some more paper until I'm ready to go to sleep. I wish there were an easy way to detox from the smoke! At the very least, so my skin will calm down enough so I can sleep. Good night!

No comments: