Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Schedules

My sleep schedule is all screwed up.

It is almost 3 and I am still awake. Lately, it seems like I feel tired... but when "sleep time" comes around, I'm awake and I've found something for myself to do. Or even if I try to sleep, it's hard.

After a night like this (eerily reminiscent of the nights of the bar exam, except those times I was stressed that I couldn't sleep and not doing anything but trying to sleep), I usually will take drowsy allergy medicine the next day. But I don't want to be dependent on the stuff so I try to go without it. But I also don't want to be up into the early morning every night!

Is this because I'm finally getting a good night's sleep every night? I wake up kind of late, but I've been getting in my 8 hours. Last night, for the first night in a long time, I even remembered my dream. My dad was the manager of some HK department store (that was like department stores here), and my cousin worked there. But there were tellers. And it was a weird situation all around.

So here I am, tonight, still awake.

Last night, I took a pill and was asleep by 1.

The night before, I was awake, couldn't figure out why I was so wired, and I don't remember what I was doing. Writing travel recaps, possibly? Who knows.

The night before that, I took a pill and was asleep early.

The night before that, I think I was wide awake and ended up reading Conde Nast Traveler to try to sleep. (And then woke up at 7 on my own!)

The night before that was when I came home from the trip.

This zig-zag sleep schedule isn't healthy!

Something must be done. Maybe if the bookstore buys back all of my books (which I know they won't, because some are expired editions) when I trek to the school tomorrow, my brain will feel less cluttered and will want to sleep early. We'll see.

No comments: