Saturday, August 06, 2005

Recapping

I had aimed to finish the bar recaps by yesterday.

That didn't happen, mostly because over 2 days, I spent about 6 hours shopping at 2 different Macy's.

I couldn't help it! They had an amazing sale! Most of the store, except the tiny sections of new fall clothes (lots in cranberry color - I love it), was 50-75% off. And you got another 10-15% off for using your Macy's card. I was getting shirts for $3, designer jeans for under $20... what's not to love about that?

I've spent a decent amount of money going shopping the past couple of days... but not having spent anything for a long time because of the bar exam, I think it's quite alright. :) Although I think I am going to return a pair of pants, which was the most expensive thing I bought all week, because it doesn't fit as well as I thought it did the first time I tried it on. (Especially compared with some other stuff I bought...)

I'm just happy because I'm not going apartment hunting anymore! In the worst case scenario, I'd still be apartment hunting today and going out of my mind with anxiety about where I'd be living. But luckily, that is not to be!

Back to shopping - I think my heavy pocketbook, combined with the heavy piles of clothes that I was carting around the store, has given me a slight shoulder injury. That's kind of embarrassing - getting injured from shopping - but I think it's true. Sigh. At least I'm running out of nearby Macy's to go to...

I had a hard time falling asleep last night. Just wide awake and uncomfortable. Reminded me of the bar days when I couldn't fall asleep and tossed and turned. But this time, I instead picked up The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and read about 7 pages before I fell asleep. Much better.

It feels so good to just relax and not have anything to do. Except that's not really true... I should finish those recaps...

1 comment:

Eve said...

LOVE Macys!! I can always find something in that store... good for me, bad for my credit cards! And a shopping injury - you must be a pro!!! :)