Saturday, August 27, 2005

Status Report 6

I was going to take a nap, but I think if I do (and I need to), I might inhale a pack of cigarettes.

It's definitely coming in through the vents somehow, and it's nauseating. The living room is the only place where it doesn't smell foul, but the floors and the futon are covered in stuff. Yuck. Must take a nap somewhere! After all, we're supposed to be on our way in 6 hours. We're in trouble.

Finished up another shoebox-sized box. Cleaned off my DVD player and I'm going to cushion it in the pants box. Don't let me forget my mini TV. Please!

The only thing that has made the cigarette-smelling apartment better (and despite several sprays of neutralizer, it keeps getting stronger... is he chain-smoking at 4 am? WTF?) is the fact that Bravo is playing Project Runway. It's been a Bravo night. Independence Day. Battle of the Network Reality Stars. Some poker shows. And now the Project Runway finale! At least there's been stuff on TV since Comcast ditched Sci-Fi.

I know there's some other stuff I wanted to pack, but I'm not sure what to do and how much room we have. I guess we can leave a little later if there's a lot of room and we want to bring some more stuff. But somehow, I doubt that's going to be a problem. It's so sad. We're going to take a full SUV-load of stuff, and yet the apartment is still looking completely full. This is insane. I knew I had a lot of stuff... but every time I move, I realize it even more. I know I need to get rid of a lot of stuff (seriously, I'm moving to Manhattan, there's no room!), but argh!

Alright, it's past 4:30 and as exciting as the Project Runway finale is... I really need to get some sleep.

No comments: