Thursday, August 18, 2005

Movies

From Tuesday night (when I started packing) to last night (returning from the trip), I have watched quite a few movies:
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • Breakfast Club
  • Bring It On
  • Mean Girls
  • Monster-in-Law
  • Guess Who
  • Fever Pitch
On the flight to HK (about 15 hours), they showed 6 movies: Sahara (started watching but got bored), Miss Congeniality 2 (would have watched but slept through the first 2/3), Monster-in-Law (loved it), Madagascar (fell asleep), Cheaper by the Dozen (saw already, but slept through the first 1/2), and In Good Company (they surprised us with this one, and had only told us they were showing the 1st 5 - or I would have made sure I woke up for this one!).

On the flight from HK to SF, they showed 3: Guess Who, Fever Pitch (which I watched despite the Red Sox part of the story and really liked), and Hitchhiker's (which I saw in the theaters, and wanted to watch again, but it was too uncomfortable to sit still through the whole movie).

They showed Monster-in-Law on the flight from SF to Chicago, and I was going to watch it in Spanish, but fell asleep.

Considering I barely watched any movies during bar time, this is quite a nice accomplishment. :)

And as for the trailers on Apple right now, here are all the movies that interest me (the big ones for me are bolded and dates saying "around" means that Apple gave a date but the trailer didn't), including movies out now that I want to see (italicized):
  • Batman Begins
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • Howl's Moving Castle
  • March of the Penguins (this one has been on my list since months before it came out... now it seems like everyone's seen it but me!)
  • Must Love Dogs
  • Saving Face
  • Wedding Crashers
  • 2046
  • Asylum (coming soon)
  • Chicken Little (coming soon)
  • Ice Age 2 (coming soon)
  • Pride and Prejudice (coming soon)
  • Proof (coming soon)
  • Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (coming soon)
  • V for Vendetta (coming soon)
  • The Legend of Zorro (fall '05)
  • Shopgirl - mostly because I liked the book, not the trailer so much (fall '05)
  • The Constant Gardener - maybe (8/26)
  • Undiscovered (8/26)
  • Corpse Bride (Sept '05)
  • The Thing about My Folks - maybe (Sept '05)
  • Everything is Illuminated (9/16)
  • Roll Bounce (9/23)
  • Oliver Twist (9/30)
  • Serenity (9/30)
  • Little Manhattan (9/30)
  • In Her Shoes (around 10/7)
  • Elizabethtown (10/14)
  • Prime (around 10/28)
  • Rent (I think it's November sometime)
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (November)
  • Two for the Money (around 11/7)
  • Yours, Mine & Ours - might amuse me ("holiday season")
  • Aeon Flux (12/2 or "fall")
  • Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (12/9)
  • Fun with Dick and Jane - maybe (Christmas)
  • Rumor Has It (12/25)
  • The DaVinci Code (5/19/06)
  • Cars (June '06)
Yeah, I know the list is long. I like movies. :)

This post took hours to write, with watching the trailers... and accidentally taking a nap. Darn jet lag!

No comments: