Monday, August 08, 2005

Pirate's Life

3 am and the song from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney World is playing in my head.

Why?!?

I know why I'm awake. It's the same reason as always. I fly back to Chicago tomorrow and I'm packing. Finishing touches, though, this time. Not like I'm starting to pack at 3, which I think was what happened on my way here over 2 weeks ago. Then again, that time, I was simultaneously trying to study for the bar and transfer all the files from my old computer. Sunrise was pretty though. I like sunrises. I'd love to see the sun rise over the ocean, but I'm usually fast asleep in my cabin when that happens.

I don't know why that song is in my head. I haven't been to Disney World since March 2000. I think I went on the ride then, but I'm not even sure. But it's been a long time. Yet, I hear the song and am having visions of pirates. Excellent way to get through packing, I suppose.

Boarding pass printed, pages of labels for postcards from abroad procured, now to finish packing my backpack. After reading the wedding announcements in the local paper, which always fascinate me, because there's a lot of names I recognize from high school. This time though, it's an actual couple I knew in high school. Good stuff. It's one of the only parts of the local paper I still read - the wedding announcements, the engagement announcements, and the graduate submissions.

At least the sun's not up... :)

No comments: