Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Noises

One of my neighbors, either above me, to the east of me, or above & to the east of me, sounds like he's sawing through the wall.

Not only is it really loud and disruptive, but I'm kind of scared that the ceiling and walls are going to fall in on me. What the heck is he doing??

Edit (1:04 pm): Now whoever it is is drilling through the same wall that it just sounded like they were sawing through. I don't really like the sound of this! Because the difference with drilling is the sound and vibrations make it feel like they're drilling into my skull.

Edit (1:06 pm): I'm trying to bake my salmon, and I'm really wishing that I hadn't left my earplugs at home, because any minute, I'm about to run out of my apartment screaming with my hands over my ears. This is torture. And I think it's above a safe decibel level. It's almost like my TV isn't even on!

Edit (1:12 pm): The drilling hasn't stopped yet. It's slowly boring a hole through my head. I've tried everything, including putting my dusty winter earband on but nothing covers up the noise. So I end up editing this post over and over again instead of working on the one I want to be working on. And it was so loud that it even made me lose my concentration and I almost burned my hand on the oven. Sigh.

Edit (1:17 pm): My ears can breathe again. (I know that doesn't make much sense, but you know what I mean, right?) It's quiet.

Edit (1:26 pm): Back to sawing. Does that mean they're going to drill again soon? I really hope not. I want to enjoy my baked salmon.

No comments: