Saturday, August 27, 2005

Status Report 8

Still here.

Alvin's going to take a shower, I'm going to pack some shoes, I almost forgot to bring my diploma frame, and we need to load the car with some more hanging clothes, but that's about it.

We've filled most of the car, but it's not a lot of stuff. The apartment is still pretty full. I anticipate a lot of trips to FedEx next week. Yay.

I'm really hungry. I thought about going to the sandwich place, but that would probably take about half an hour. But then I thought about how perfect the situation is! We were planning to take Stony Island down to Indiana (well, at least I was), and Stony Island on the South Side is better known as "Marissa's Drive-Thru Row During School." We can just go to the drive-thru! Like any drive-thru we want! The most convenient though is Burger King, so we'll probably end up there. Quick, convenient, and maybe I can try chicken fries.

Time to pack up the computer and a few pairs of shoes. Probably won't be online in Pittsburgh, so the next time I write will probably be in New York. (Unless I write something and post it later... that may happen.) We're still moving around though, and I'll be back to Chicago next week. I feel so... unrooted. And I have so much stuff!

Have an excellent end-of-August weekend! I know this weekend has birthdays of a few people I went to high school with but don't talk to anymore, so on the really remote chance, one of them happens across this, happy birthday! And happy birthday to anyone else celebrating this weekend.

Safe travels to all!

No comments: