Saturday, July 23, 2005

Packing

I don't know why, but I can never get myself to sleep early the night before I travel.

Part of it is the procrastination. I'm never packed. I pack way into the night. But even if I am mostly packed or don't have much to pack (my usual trips back to NY, but not this one - I can't even make a definitive packing list for this one), I'm strangely more wired than usual. Maybe it's anxiety. Who knows.

Tonight, it's more of a necessity. I'm not packed and have not yet even printed out my packing list. I'm not even studying. I'm backing up my old computer and transferring files, because sometime in the time span I'm in NY, Dell's supposed to do a swap and I don't want my files stuck on the computer.

Yes, this is definitely what I should be doing at 4:15 in the morning.

I can't believe it's supposed to be 102 degrees in Chicago on Sunday. I hope that is not the forecast for NY on Tuesday, because umm, I'm not sure it'll be fun to take the bar when it's over 100 degrees outside. I don't know if the facilities are any good, especially the air conditioning...

[I just went through old papers and sent files and pulled stuff off my desk to put into a large packing pile for awhile, totally forgetting that I had a post open. Oops.]

Almost 5 am and I'm still up and I still haven't printed out my packing list. I think I should do that and then attempt to take a short nap. It's no wonder that I'm going to be deeply sleeping during the flight (as usual) instead of doing PMBR.

No comments: