Monday, June 20, 2005

Asleep

Barbri class at 8:30 am meant I only got about 3.5 hours of sleep. Not good. *shakes head* (As even more proof of how tired I am, I wrote "shakes heads" inside the asterisks just now. That's really, really bad.)

I was definitely sleepy during lecture, and my handwriting shows it. We did the shareholders section of the corporations handout during the first hour, and most of what I wrote was illegible. (But I think I know what most of it says because I was trying to correct it to make it more legible in the more coherent points of my half-asleep stupor.)

But the highlight of the first hour was what happened when I actually fell asleep. It was like one of those moments when you're dozing off and you feel your head start to drop, and then all of a sudden, it jerks back and you're pulled back into reality. Have you ever had a dream or delusion during those quick seconds? It happens to me all the time, and I don't know if it's normal.

Today, during my quick one-second dream, I was dreaming about Harry Potter. (This is probably from watching the movies yesterday.) It was just a couple of images, but I must have been writing at the same time, because in my notes, I found this:

"Yes - in certificate only. (Exact same as HP)"

Yes, HP. Harry Potter definitely has a lot to do with supermajority votes and quorums.

I saw it and was immediately confused. I tried to think about what could possibly be HP in corporations law. Nothing came to mind, and I even knew substantively what was supposed to go in the parentheses, but kept trying to find something HP because I couldn't believe I could have possibly slipped and written HP for Harry Potter.

But I did.

After an hour of battling the sleep demon, I finally gave up. It was only 9:30, and if I was going to make it through class until 1:30, I was going to need to be on a permanent sugar high. Luckily, it worked and only required 1 bag of Skittles, 6 Jolly Ranchers and a Smores granola bar. I really need to get more sleep.

But for now, it's back to outlining corporations. Without Harry Potter.

No comments: