Friday, June 03, 2005

Películas

Watching trailers on Apple now instead of doing some Barbri stuff. (I'll do it later, really!) I know I've made previous lists including summer movies (here and here), but here's some of the new trailers that I liked:

Ladies in Lavender: Judi Dench and Maggie Smith and a cute boy in a sort of historical romance. It looks like it could be good.

Up for Grabs: Documentary based on the Barry Bonds million dollar baseball (#73), the one that went to court (and that we read about and talked about in law school!). Looks like it could be a very entertaining movie.

Dukes of Hazzard: Already on the list, but just watched the trailer. Doesn't look very good, but it could be amusing.

Flightplan: Intriguing trailer, good story, even kind of spooky. I might be able to go for this, if it doesn't turn out to be some of horror suspense creepy movie. (Sept 23)

Howl's Moving Castle: Miyazaki. Doesn't that say it all? (June 10, select)

The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe: Also already on my mental list, but all I can say is that I hope it comes out good. Like Harry Potter or something, because these are beloved books. (Dec 9)

March of the Penguins: Maybe I'm partial because I love penguins, but you HAVE to watch this trailer. It's both sweet and funny, and it's like a little movie all in itself. You really should watch it! Penguins are the best. :)

[I assume it's obvious that I haven't watched trailers in a long time, right? Which is why there's so many new ones to see...]

Deep Blue: Documentary about ocean life. I don't know what it is about today (first, the sandwich thing, and now this), but I usually skip the documentary trailers. I've watched 3 today and I've loved them all! This one looks absolutely beautiful.

Saving Face: Looks really well-done. About different Chinese American experiences. Supposedly already in the theaters, but I guess just in limited release.

History of Violence: Could be good, could be bad. Can't tell from the trailer and don't want to take the time right now to watch the "exclusive clip."

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit: It looks so good!! I can't wait for this to come out. And I love how where Apple lists the stars, it actually says "Wallace" and "Gromit." What I thought was unnecessary was talking about "Chicken Run" in the beginning. Why bother when these two are clearly better? ;-)

Bewitched: I know there have been mixed things said about the movie, but I think it looks really cute. And like a movie I would definitely enjoy because a) I love Bewitched and b) I like romantic comedies. A lot. (June 24)

Stealth: I like action movies. This looks fun.

2046: Been wanting to see this for a while too. Trailer doesn't give much away.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: Yay!! :)

Dreamer: Sweet movie and beautiful horse. (Oct 21)

[Oops. I wrote this post and then left it here for about 3 hours without finishing it!]

After Dreamer, I watched the first 6 minutes of Mad Hot Ballroom. I already wanted to see the movie, and when the 6 minutes were over, I was so bummed because I wanted to see the rest of the movie! Oh well. I guess I'll watch it sometime.

What were my favorite trailers? Wallace and Gromit, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and March of the Penguins. You really should watch the Penguin trailer. It's great. :)

No comments: