Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Moonlight

Somehow, I haven't gotten very much done today. I felt like I did a decent amount of work, but looking back on it, I did less than 10 MC questions and finished typing up my corporations notes (but not done with the outline). Oh, I wrote another bad essay - I think I'm getting worse. And I don't think I even cracked open the CMR to read anything today.

I was supposed to be asleep awhile ago, but I delayed showering because of a compelling episode of Without a Trace on TNT that I hadn't seen before. So here I am, 1 am, moonlight streaming through the window. But I'm going to sleep soon. It's much better than 3:45. *sigh*

I'm curious as to how some people get my IM name. It's not like it's completely private, as it's in a number of profiles, but it's clear from the conversations that none of those public listings are how the person got my name. The latest person trying to carry on a "conversation" (name removed):

X (3:48:50 PM): whos is this
X (3:49:41 PM): is this kathleen
X (3:51:15 PM): ???
X (3:52:17 PM): is this kathleen
X (3:54:09 PM): ...
X (3:59:25 PM): its chris
X (4:17:11 PM): tsk tsk
X (4:21:08 PM): i just wanna know who this is they left it in my yearbook
X (5:03:18 PM): kat awnser already

I was doing contracts MC questions (yes, the few that I actually did today) during his opening barrage, so I just ignored the messages. But are people leaving my IM name in other people's yearbooks? That's just... weird. Got to be illegible handwriting or something.

I didn't respond though, because I didn't think responding in the middle of Study Smart would be a good idea. "I am not Kathleen. I don't know who you are. I don't know who left it in your yearbook, but I doubt I know them. Now leave me alone so I can study for the bar exam in peace! And while you're at it, try using some punctuation!"

No, I'm not that mean. But the orange bar kept blinking constantly as he kept sending useless messages of "???" and "..." that I wanted to growl at him for the blinking. But, eh, it's okay. Not really worth my time. Or the effort of growling. ;-)

(I'm not quite sure why I jumped to it being a guy as opposed to a girl, since Chris could really be either. I guess I pictured the person as a high school graduate, and the only high school graduate I know right now is my cousin, and he's male.)

Enough babbling. I really need to catch up on some sleep. Happy Harry Potter dreams to all! :)

No comments: