Saturday, June 18, 2005

Ketchup

Maybe it's because I've been working on contracts, but I thought this "news story" was hilarious. Apparently, a secretary accidentally spilled ketchup on a senior associate's pants in London, and he sent her an email asking for reimbursement for the dry cleaning. The series of emails was forwarded all over London, including:

"I apologize again for accidentally getting a few splashes of ketchup on your trousers. Obviously your financial need as a senior associate is greater than mine as a mere secretary."

She wrote that she had told various partners, lawyers and trainees about his e-mail and they had offered to "do a collection" to raise the cash.

"I however declined their kind offer but should you feel the urgent need for the £4, it will be on my desk this afternoon."

And what does Baker & McKenzie have to say about it? Basically, "no comment." But, really, what else could they say about something so ludicrous? :)

No comments: