Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Trabajo

I think I like my new routine, implemented as of yesterday. The only thing I haven't been able to do is work efficiently in the evenings and get enough sleep. It's sort of a vicious cycle; I keep falling asleep and end up napping in the late afternoons and evenings because I'm too tired to work, and then because of the nap, end up sleeping late and not getting enough sleep at night. A 3 am bedtime when Barbri class starts at 9 is just not acceptable!

Anyway, the routine. Class from 9 to 1. Lunch, unwind, web surfing until about 1:30. Write out an essay in 40 minutes. Do other assorted work until around 3-3:30. Go to the gym until around 4. Spend the rest of the day watching TV (I can't help myself - I'm addicted to late afternoon TNT), doing MC questions on Study Smart and outlining topics. (And of course, procrastinating.) SLEEP. It's not fully structured, but it's just enough so that I don't feel horrible about not getting x amount of stuff done by y time, yet still hold myself to some sort of schedule. Of course, it's flexible, depending on other appointments and things going on, as well as any non-routine Barbri assignments. But I kind of like the way it's felt for the past 2 days (today's not over yet, but the essay writing is). So, we'll see how it goes.

Barbri only tells you to outline the essays, but I tried doing that and it just doesn't feel good enough. So maybe I won't get through 4 essay outlines in one day, but I feel like I'm learning more substantively and strategically from writing them out. I think I'll also feel better about the essay writing once the exam comes around, especially time pressure - quality over quantity, right? Or so I tell myself.

Barbri stuff aside (and really, what else is there these days?), I watched the episode of Hit Me Baby One More Time that I missed last Thursday. I've read so many comments on the show from other people - that it's horrible, it's embarrassing, it's really poor quality... but c'mon, it's a summer reality show. I don't hold it to any higher standard than pure entertainment value. And for me, it works. (And it's got to be better than the latest season of Average Joe and the monster of "I Want to Be a Hilton"...) Maybe it's because I love 80s music and still listen to 80s radio stations, or maybe it's because I'll watch any televised "talent show" (should I be embarrassed to admit that I saw episodes of both American Juniors and Fame?), but I think it's fun. No, it's not the best show out there. But it's fun! I mean, they're going to have Wang Chung this week! :)

Tonight, while outlining (hopefully contracts - I intend to finish con law before going to the gym, since I was really supposed to finish yesterday), there's Beauty and the Geek, Dancing with the Stars and a Lost rerun. Yay. :) And on a random TV note, I thought I heard the Contracts guy on the video today referring to the law firm at the "dearly departed Boston Legal." I wasn't sure if he thought the show was cancelled or something. (It's not.) I love how, when I am supposed to be paying attention to contracts hypotheticals, I sit there wondering whether or not the professor knows about TV show renewals. We all need a break sometimes. :)

No comments: