Friday, June 03, 2005

Unbrauchbar

[I am unclear about whether this word should be "unbrauchbar" or "unbrauchbares" because Babelfish and Google Translate are giving me different results. Help! I don't know grammar in this language; I've never studied it.]

I need to stop checking for grades. It is useless. There aren't going to be any more grades until the last minute before graduation. There will be no relief from the anxiety about whether or not I will pass. If I keep checking, I'm just going to make myself feel worse from not knowing. And there's really no point in checking. Because the grades won't be there. Because they want me to lose my mind over the fear that I won't graduate. (As if I haven't already...)

Having another important problem - the Chicago Police Department's fingerprinting line keeps sending me to "the attendant" on their voice mail system, but that transfer keeps disconnecting me. I need to be fingerprinted and have the cards mailed in before July 1st!

The past couple of hours have been very much about errands. After this post, I am off to consolidate my loans, fill out my MBE transfer form and renew prescriptions. I already requested my driver's abstract, found important records, called PMBR, sorted out my bar forms, checked dates on my checks and wrote out checks to pay the phone and parking bills.

Busy busy busy.

But at least in the time between almost falling asleep in NY Practice III and starting errands, I got a sandwich from Jimmy Johns. I love sandwiches at Jimmy Johns, and from the moment I left Barbri, I was craving a sandwich. But I had no cash, only a credit card (this is the norm for me), and I wasn't sure that JJ's took credit cards. So I went to Potbelly first, but the line was about 20something people, and I was so hungry and not willing to wait. I was so sad and resigned myself to having Michelina's again, but then saw that they took credit cards at Jimmy Johns and was so so so excited and ended up having a yummy yummy sandwich for lunch. I don't know what chemical imbalance I have right now but I'm craving another one of their sandwiches for dinner. It doesn't make any sense! I like sandwiches (made by others), but I've never craved them this badly. I don't get it.

Anyway, time to consolidate my loan. A bunch more things to do and then I can start doing Barbri studying. Wheeeee motions and arbitration.

No comments: