Thursday, June 02, 2005

Diciassette

I like procedure. Really, I do. It's just getting bogged down in the minute details that you have to memorize for NY Practice that makes me a little loca.

Example that I've been sharing with family & friends today (who may or may not care, probably the latter): In NY, you cannot serve process on someone (summons & complaint or summons with notice) on Sundays, and Saturdays if you know they observe Saturday Sabbath, but holidays not on Sundays are okay.

Like I was saying... details.

Of course, now that I've made that my example of the day, I'm sure to remember it for the bar exam. Unfortunately, there are not enough days before the bar exam to do this for all the minute things I need to learn. (But maybe I should just make one example of the day to tell everyone, because not only am I learning, but I'm enriching the lives of others.)

But I am just about done with my criminal law outline/chart (still have to do criminal procedure). This means I have something to read on the elliptical and can go to the gym. Because there's no way the Barbri books I have will fit on the elliptical machine downstairs without falling off. At least I don't trust the books to stay balanced and I don't want to damage my lifeline to passing the bar exam.

This weekend, I intend to catch-up on all the stuff I need to do for Barbri. That is, unless I spontaneously rip open DVD sets of Angel or Buffy. But I'll be good. After all, the Jetsons already have control of the DVD player. (And I've been really good and only watched one episode, and that was because cable was out temporarily over the weekend.)

Time for sleep. More NY Practice tomorrow, and he told us to get a good night's sleep so we can plow through the material. I guess that means it might be boring. ;-)

No comments: