Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Quince

I know it doesn't sound awful to people in the working world, but a 9-to-5 day of Barbri is brutal. I don't know how the people taking CA Barbri down at the UofC handled all those long days the past couple of weeks. Stronger than I am, that's for sure. :) Considering I fell asleep at least 3 times and have my lecture handouts as proof...

Working on Barbri today, it feels like the weekend was a long time ago. Family visiting? Spending the day touring Chicago? Brunches and dinners at all different restaurants? Feels like a distant memory. Even graduation feels like it happened awhile ago, even though it was only on Friday. I guess that's what it's like getting back to work - like you've been doing it forever and you've never left.

Considering that my work time was much more severely restricted than previous days, I got a surprising amount done. (But objectively speaking, I didn't do all that much.) I've also tweaked my work routine a little bit, which probably accounts for some of the progress. Before, I used to come home from class and type up all my notes from that day, and then later, use those notes to combine with book stuff to make my outline (or "condensed notes," but in chart form) that I take with me to memorize at the gym. Typing things over and over again has always been the way I've committed things to memory, so the extra work didn't seem like an inherently bad idea. But while it does help with learning, it also wastes a ton of time (I suspected this while I was doing it, but I told myself that I was learning it as I went along). So for Con Law, I've just been going straight to the outline. Doesn't seem like a terrible method doing it that way - but then again, Con Law isn't a very long outline. Something like NY Practice, I'm kind of glad I had typed out the notes. So I guess it's dependent on topic. But most likely, I'll go straight to the outline. Not enough time to do anything else.

And now that I've thoroughly bored both bar takers and non-bar takers with the minutiae of my work routine, I should talk about something more exciting.

But what?

The fact that I do less web surfing now that I've started using Barbri's Study Smart software, because instead of looking for random things on the web, I just do sets of 5 questions? (MC questions are like a game...)

The fact that there is so little on TV during the summer that I end up watching the Scholar and can't even piece together an entire night of L&O reruns?

Yeah, exciting life I lead. Me and my crim law multiple choice questions. :)

But I do want to see a movie this weekend - either Batman Begins or Howl's Moving Castle. They're both playing down the block, which makes it really convenient. I like it when the movies I want to see play at River East instead of City North. Who wants to drive to a movie theater when they can walk to one?

Hmm. The Weather Channel has claimed it's going to storm tonight. Yet they have said either isolated or scattered storms ever since Thursday, and I haven't seen all that much rain. That's a good thing, since it means it didn't pour on graduation (and thus, I did not go through with my plans to wear a swimsuit, although considering the heat, maybe I should have!) and I got to walk all over the city with my family. But I also don't want it to rain on my walk to bar review! I love my 10 minute commute by the lake. Rain would ruin the view. ;-)

Anyway, I should get to sleep before contracts (finally!) tomorrow. I vaguely remember liking contracts in 1L, but we didn't really do anything UCC-related, so let's see if I still like it once Barbri's done with it. :)

No comments: