Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Nueve

I think I've discovered my main problem with bar studying (besides a cluttered apartment and too many distractions, which while definitely problems, are not causing the main problem):

I don't have a routine.

Sure, I go to class from 9-1 everyday, come home, have some lunch, etc. But I think I'd be more effective and I'd feel better if I had a set routine, as opposed to trying to get a couple of discrete things done "whenever" during the day. One including gym time, break time, walking outside time, etc.

Part of the problem is that, with all this playing catch-up because of finals, it's hard to have a good routine. Or even to make a routine. But since I really do intend to catch up soon (no, I didn't finish NY Practice yet, but I'm on the last day of lecture), I resolve that I shall make at least a tentative routine to begin next Tuesday or Wednesday. (Going to catch-up classes on Monday, so any afternoon routine wouldn't work that day. See, more evidence of school messing up schedules.) I'll figure something out.

Besides, I need to work on my self-discipline. Because when mid-July rolls around, it's going to take all the self-discipline I have to not read Harry Potter before sitting for the bar exam.

I'm calling it a night. Tonight I plan to sleep before 1 am for the first time in awhile. (1 am is not even that good! I want to be asleep before midnight every day!) It's about time.

No comments: