Thursday, June 23, 2005

Impending Doom

I was having an email exchange with Alvin as to whether or not he was getting the weekend off over July 4th weekend (he's not, unfortunately), and then it finally sunk in.

The bar is actually really, really soon.

We're sitting here discussing plans for July 4th weekend, and then I realize, the next weekend there's Barbri class, the next weekend there's PMBR, and then the next weekend I'll probably be on a plane headed for NY and the trauma of the Jacob Javits Center.

What went through my head? Oh, crap, the bar's really freaking soon. (Okay, so it wasn't that polite. I just don't feel like swearing on my blog right now.)

We haven't even been in Barbri for a month yet. According to the essay lecturer today, there are still 16 topics left to go. (I just checked, but I only counted 15, and that includes the stuff like Workers Comp that aren't a full day.)

Not going to panic. Not going to panic. Deep breath. Breathe. Go to yoga later and just let it all go.

I'm actually not feeling that panicked, mostly because there's a huge list of things I am supposed to have done by now, and I've convinced myself that had I done all of those things, I'd feel much more prepared than I currently do. Or the alternative theory - I'm not that panicked because I don't know enough to know what to even panic about at this point.

*shrug* Who knows. I'm more angry at the people who have kept my boyfriend working every weekend for the past weeks, and are making him work this weekend and July 4th weekend, my last free weekend before the bar, just so they can go play on the weekend. How the world works sometimes, I know. Just kind of sucks that we were looking forward to going to see Martin Yan together and now he can't go (among other things). Oh well.

I am supposed to be writing my essay right now, but I stopped because of that work-weekend discussion thing. I had a fleeting thought that maybe I'd get more done if I studied outside, and then I remembered that it's 90 degrees. Not likely.

Must get back to corporations essay and then get back to evidence stuff. I intended to make a list of all of the unfinished projects I have to do at this point (which is quite long, considering that, after checking off all the fully completed days on the Paced Program, I'm still back at June 3rd), but I should probably finish my essay first before I add that to the list of things I'm supposed to do. It doesn't help that I really want to go on vacation and the Weather Channel is showing shots of steamy and stormy Florida. (I don't have the Travel Channel, so the Weather Channel serves as my substitute.) Want to go to Miami and go to the beach... if it weren't stormy...

Anyway, corporations. Right. I'll make a to-do list later tonight. At least I finally sent in my handwriting specimen to the bar examiners and my MBE transfer form this morning. Small things count. :)

And other little questions fill my brain where the law should be. Stuff like, should I go see LL Cool J tomorrow night? How much walking around do I want to do tomorrow when it's going to be 97 degrees? Is it really going to rain on Saturday when I go over to the Taste?

Okay, must stop procrastinating. Must not give in to my desire to go to Walgreens to buy bags of Skittles.

No comments: